Life's a pretty precious...

Life's a pretty precious...

Monday, 1 May 2017

A NEW PRODUCTION... ANOTHER CHAPTER...this creative life...





Dance, Movement, Theatre...
Turn the corner.

Journey...
 


Artist Potter, Sculptor...
Stop.

Turn the corner.

 





















I wanted to push through the red velvet curtains...They would return, glowing and breathless, pulling pins out...unzipping clothes and flinging accessories across the floor as a whirlwind of adrenalin pushed me aside.   
(from The Red Curtains copyright Elizabeth g. Arthur)

The young woman with bougainvillea red hair licked her silver encrusted finger, and giggled as she turned away from the passengers jostling each other beneath the DEPARTURES board. 
She shrugged her shoulders, in a this-is-delicious-try-some way, towards the young man seated opposite her. He glanced up, and as he crossed his feet awkwardly, his yellow fluoro socks dazzled the underside of the table. (from Till We Depart copyright Elizabeth g. Arthur)



I'm wearing a pre-loved cheesecloth skirt ($2 find at a market) - I love the way it moves; Vintage silk vest bequeathed to me by my dear Auntie Lillian. She wore it when she lived 
in Hong Kong in the early 1950's; my Naot boots...


Another Act, another costume...

Write...the breath, dance, theatre, movement, dynamics, colours...rush across the pages.
A choreography of words...







 
In the booth at the back...steaming, hot...my pen flies 


across the page...and in between, I sip...






 


















Pre-loved and Re-loved silk retro skirt, belt, purple top, earrings...
 Location - Street Art laneway, Coffs Harbour, north coast
NSW, Australia.





The real millionaires are those who are doing what they really want to do.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, magical alleyway! You seem to leap out of (or into?) the murals, Elizabeth. You look lovely in your swooshy skirt and shiny vest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by the lane, Sheila. I'm going to be stepping back in the blogging world to making once a month catch ups with my favourite bloggers (yes, I have a handful of you) and posting myself because I am in the midst of researching for a new novel and about to begin the novel and need absolute focus. (I find it really hard keeping up with social media "full time" and instead of the other option of opting out all together, have decided to do a monthly catch up because I have met that handful of very interesting, colourful, fabulous women, such as yourself, and want to keep in touch.)
      Hope Spring in springing up there. xx

      Delete
  2. Are you an published author, Elizabeth? Your words are incredible, I want to read more of your work!
    Fantastic photos, you already know how much I love your neighbourhood but the street art and you becoming one with it is a feast for the eyes.
    Two incredible outfits, I do love cheesecloth and that Hong Kong-made top is a beauty, just like you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful comments, Vix. If you read my blog profile page you'll discover my creative journey; the My Books page features my books (although I have had short stories and poetry published and I continue to write those genres); My website - elizabethgarthur.com will also tell you more. Thanks for visiting the lane!
      I'm going to be stepping back in the blogging world to making once a month catch ups with my favourite bloggers (yes, I have a handful of you) and posting myself because I am in the midst of researching for a new novel and about to begin the novel and need absolute focus. (I find it really hard keeping up with social media "full time" and instead of the other option of opting out all together, have decided to do a monthly catch up because I have met that handful of very interesting, colourful, fabulous women, such as yourself, and want to keep in touch.)Keep lighting up and shocking the world! xx

      Delete
  3. The street art in the Coffs Harbour laneway is the perfect backdrop for you and the words from your books. Your outfits flow beautifully with the surrounds.A wonderful post Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jill, for your beautiful comments. I really appreciate you dropping by.
      I'm going to be stepping back in the blogging world to making once a month catch ups with my favourite bloggers (yes, I have a handful of you) and posting myself because I am in the midst of researching for a new novel and about to begin the novel and need absolute focus. (I find it really hard keeping up with social media "full time" and instead of the other option of opting out all together, have decided to do a monthly catch up because I have met that handful of very interesting, colourful, fabulous women, such as yourself, and want to keep in touch.)
      Stay warm down in Tassie! xx

      Delete
  4. I adore that last sentence.

    The prose and the photos dance together so well.

    The snippets you shared of your book are wonderful. Truly a magical post in so many ways.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Suzanne, yes, we're the real millionaires (but...sometimes...) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pleased that I came looking for you and found out about your plans Elizabeth. Blogging can be so draining of both time and brain space and I can so understand your need to step back. Creativity needs room to grow and the demands of keeping up with lots of bloggers and your own blog need to be balanced.

    I love both of the outfits you've featured and also love how you've woven you prose throughout. Beautiful!

    Wishing you every success with your next novel.

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Anna, thank you so much for your encouraging and beautiful comment. It's all about finding that balance for me, not being rushed into posting the next blog and trying to keep to a ridiculous schedule for reading my favourite blogs either. I've worked out an enjoyable balance and look forward to connecting to my favourite bloggers (who give me little hints of the next blogs on Instagram - which I have also learnt to keep balanced!) and putting together my next post, keeping it fun and creative, and balanced with the rest of my life. Elizabeth. xx

      Delete